It has been an exciting time within the BIM fraternity over the past few years. The number of clients and government bodies either requesting or requiring BIM deliverables coupled with the scale of adoption within many companies and across industry is extremely encouraging.
This has been lead in large part by the dedication of numerous people and companies whom have given up their own time, often for free, to further the industry as a whole. This work has been realised in many forms:
– Local technical user groups (ArchiCAD, Revit, Microstation etc)
– Regional ‘BIM’ user groups
– Groups assisting industry bodies with guidance papers (AIA, MBIE, Consult Australia, APCC, ACIF)
– Annual conferences (Revit Technology Conference, other hosted events)
– Collaborate and its working groups
How do we affect wholesale change in industry if we are working in isolation? This has been talked about for many years and we all agree it’s time for us to change it.
CollaborateANZ and each local and regional user group are now working together as Affiliate Groups. This will unify our collective cross industry ideals of providing knowledge advancement of BIM through consistent, industry agreed processes.
Another exciting development in industry!